?

Log in

pahkthecah

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:45 pm: Sure Thang
I made myself a list of all the mistakes I made in my job search this summer, just to keep for myself for future reference. This was my favorite one:

1. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Seriously. Just because you worked somewhere last summer and your cousin was the boss and told you at Thanksgiving that you had a 99% chance of coming back, doesn’t mean you should count out that 1%. Even if it does sound like a sure thang, apply to other places anyway. Especially when you’re an economics major and wrote two papers about the downturn of the business cycle, got A’s on both of them, and then thought that nothing you wrote about applied to you.

Powered by LiveJournal.com